The Christmas Past ebook
The Christmas spirit is not what you drink!
Christmas Past offers the intriguing stories behind why and how we celebrate Christmas.The Christmas Past ebook
Did you know for instance:
- Santa and Father Christmas are not one and the same person?
- Jesus was probably born seven years before the date we have set for his birth?
- Christmas was celebrated before it became part of the Christian calendar?
- The “Star of Bethlehem” was arguably not a star at all but a conjunction of two important planets?
- There was an astrological prediction, heralding the arrival of a warrior king/messiah, that was made back in ancient times, well before Jesus was born?
Whether you did or didn’t know the answers to these questions, I’m sure you’ll find the exploration around them of interest, food for thought. The Christmas Past eBook
This beautifully compact book contains six commentaries that cover:
- The way we tend to treat Christmas now.
- Who was Father Christmas, or Santa Claus?
- What lies behind the time of year chosen for Christmas.
- If another infant birth could have been born at this time of year – and before Jesus.
- The gospels for their take on the Magi, and the birth of Jesus.
- The Star of Bethlehem from an astrological perspective.
While our Christmas’s have shifted away from the spiritual to reinforcing the bounty of the material side of life, in truth we need the bounty of both. It is not a one or the other situation.
If we entertain the notion that the material things of life are all we need to be happy, at peace with life, then, I’d venture to suggest we are deluding ourselves. We are missing the point…
ISBN: 978-0-9934626-7-2 (EPUB version)
Francis O’Neill Author bio