If a dog was your teacher…?
Yes read on!
Ed note: This item, if a dog was your teacher, is from Gus who also sent in the item about the vet, the dog and 6 year old boy. A lot of dog’s life wisdom here.
If a dog was your teacher you would learn things like:
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- Take naps…Zzzz
- Stretch before rising.
- Run, romp, and play daily.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you’re not.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
There comes a time…
There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, help you forget the setbacks, and focus on what is good and nourishing.
So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don’t.
Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE…